RFC: Creation of a new KDE SC module [kdeplugins]

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 11:21:16 BST 2010

On Saturday 09 October 2010, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> > else that can go there.  There is also a possibility of putting
> > optional plasma applets there, perhaps.
>
> We already have kdeplasma-addons, so I'm not sure why would we need an
> additional place for plasma stuff.
>
> As for other projects, I propose waiting for GIT migration to be finished,
> to see what the organisation will look like in the end.
>
> IMO, it would be better to have different repos for each project that has
> plugins than one which will hold everything. The reason being that with
> GIT you'd need to get the whole repo although you are just (for example)
> interested in Konqueror.

well, in the case of kdeplasma-addons, if such a plugin mdule is going to be
created kdeplasma-addons should move in there altogether i think..
i'm not seeing particular advantages or disadvantaes either way, provided the
final distro packages will still be seprat per app..

what were the reasons that drove to the killing of kdeaddons (if they are
still valid, that would block the creation of an almost identic module)?

Cheers,
Marco Martin