RFC: Creation of a new KDE SC module [kdeplugins]

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sun Oct 10 08:40:32 BST 2010

On 2010-10-09, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> btw: a module is a logical grouping; a community; a way for packagers and users
> to differentiate programmatic elements.

I'm not sure I see the logical grouping of plugins together.

I see the logical grouping of 'konqueror plugins' together. Or Okular
plugins. or. or. or.

But I honestly don't see what a konqueror plugin has to do with a plugin
for <other app>

Currently konqueror-plugins are released in extrager, which is quite
okay.

Wearing my packagers hat, I also don't like unlogical grouping together.
Basically because a 'tarball' is the smallest unit that one can care for
packaging wise, and it is easier to recruit new people to help
packaging/maintaining small logical groups of things.

/Sune