Knights moved to kdereview

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Thu Oct 7 15:35:43 BST 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 06:30, Miha Čančula wrote:
> So far, I didn't receieve any word whether moving to KDE Games is a good
> idea. I know it's not yet 14 days since the last fix, but I'll have to think
> about moving it soon.

Hello Miha,

As you're probably aware, this is a rather tricky problem. If you
haven't already, you should probably read the log from the last
KDEGames team meeting [1] or at least my brief (if probably biased)
summary [2]. Unfortunately, no new decisions have been made since that
time, and activity within the module has continued to decline. (A
heavy course load and a pregnant wife mean I'm no exception.)

My personal opinion is that if you are willing to launch a
extragear/games "module" and move Knights to git.kde.org, that would
be very much appreciated. Using Knights as a pilot project could help
us to work out the kinks and determine the advantages and
disadvantages of having an extragear/games.

I would just like to make it clear that not wanting to let Knights
into the main KDEGames module is in no way a comment on your
trustworthiness or the quality of your game. (I haven't even had a
chance to review it.) I realise that excluding new contributors is not
a great way to revive the module, but we have a problem with abandoned
applications and this is the only strategy we've come up with.

Parker

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/IRC_Meeting_2010-04-18
[2] http://markmail.org/message/y43ebvnmgamqzzav