Binary compatibility summary 4.5.1->4.5.2

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Oct 5 22:48:12 BST 2010

On Tuesday 05 October 2010, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On antradienis 05 Spalis 2010 23:09:14 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > at run time. I have also seen signal removals in kdelibs and nobody
> > complained then.
>
> I was referring to this commit:
> http://websvn.kde.org/?revision=1029687&view=revision

Hmm, ok, corner case: the signal was duplicated from a base class. So this
isn't SIC since derived classes will still compile (and now call the base
class), but indeed a derived class would be looking for a symbol that didn't
exist anymore, before recompilation; I didn't think of that.
Well, this was buggy and gave runtime warnings, I just had to fix it ;)
And I doubt there's a huge market out there for deriving from KCodecAction
and emitting triggered(QString) from the derived class.