Binary compatibility summary 4.5.1->4.5.2

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Tue Oct 5 21:09:14 BST 2010

Hello,

On antradienis 05 Spalis 2010 15:06:41 Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  The complete check is at http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/abi/ . If there are
> any public libraries not included, please say so. Also note that in this
> case there are few harmless false positives caused by transitioning to
> Qt4.7 at the same time.
>
>  There is one BIC problem, in kdebase/workspace:
> libweather_ion removes
> IonInterface::resetCompleted ( IonInterface::IonInterface* p1, bool p2 )

Is removal of signals BIC? If I understand correctly, code using that signal
may lose some functionality but it won't crash (nor rebuild of the code would
change anything) because connection to signals happens entirely at run time. I
have also seen signal removals in kdelibs and nobody complained then.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>