Google Code-In Tasks Reminder

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Nov 23 03:16:12 GMT 2010

Hi guys,

This is just a quick note as i'm filling in for Lydia. Turns out though KDE
has a whole bunch of Code-In tasks, students are taking them fast and we don't
want to run out! Some mentors have already begun to receive patches from their
students, so this is a very real and tangible way to get some tasks completed
for your community. Remember, Google Code In is not just for coding but
encompasses all sorts of things including documentation, bug triaging,
artwork/design, and more.

You can improve your project/community and get new people involved in open
source with very little effort on your part---the Code-In runs until January,
10th, so there's lots of time yet to get students cracking on your mini tasks.
Come to #kde-soc if you have any questions or want to know if a particular
idea is suitable---remember that students can pick any idea in any
organization, so let's keep our good showing and get our projects flowing!

Also, if any of you have projects on the community.kde.org wiki page that have
not yet been imported into melange, please do that soon!

cheers,
leo
--
leo at kdab.com                                 KDAB (USA), LLC