Helping libraries load their own translation catalogs

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Nov 21 22:02:13 GMT 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 12:46:53AM +0000, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> It achieves that by creating a static that instructs KGlobal to load a
> given translation catalog on global locale creation.

statics in shared libraries have always been like a red flag for us. i
don't know whether the reasons (some proprietary unix dynloader) are
still applicable.
qt has Q_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION in qglobal.h nowadays. its implementation
seems more complicated than necessary to me (why the integer return
value?), so i wonder whether that's a workaround for something or just
random baroqueness.