wrong diffs for python on the kde-commits list

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 21 10:14:28 GMT 2010

On 21.11.10 09:49:32, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> not sure if this is the correct mailing list for
>
> please look at
>
> svn diff -r1199190:1199191 kdegames/kajongg/src/board.py
>
> in trunk. This is rather much output.
>
> The kde-commits list shows a very short diff
> which I can reproduce by svn diff -b
>
> but in Python, leading whitespace has a meaning, and
> the diff on kde-commits is just wrong.
>
> So - does anybody actually apply those diffs? If so,
> kde-commits should use different options for diff.
> Would it help to define them in some per-directory
> svn config file? Or use an external diff script which
> does not ignore whitespace for *.py, or should all
> this better be postponed until after the git transition?

No, kde-commits is purely for review and to let people know what happens
in our subversion repository. You're not supposed to apply the diffs
send on the list. In fact I think it often cuts off the diff completely
if its too large and also doesn't include changes for new files.

Andreas

--
Among the lucky, you are the chosen one.