Issues with Solid from trunk and qtcreator 2.0.1...

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Thu Nov 11 01:00:59 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 de November de 2010 09:32:48 Dawit A wrote:
>> sigh I got everthing crossed up! Indeed since this is the system bus
>> a sendmsg here is response back to the client. For some reason this
>> response does not seem to make it to the client or at least cause the
>> client to react until 25 secs later. Now it is even more weird...
>>
>> > That is actually showing that the target replied immediately.
>>
>> hmm... should I then trace the client and see what it is waiting on ?
>
> Yes.
>
> If the client was given the reply but only reacted to it 25 seconds later, it
> probably means it was stuck (in any thread) waiting for another reply thta
> didn't come.
>
> You'll need to start the program with strace now, so you can use -f.

This issue seems to be caused by some sort of race condition because
when I build dbus 1.4.0 in debug mode and install it, I do not see the
problem anylonger. As a result I cannot even generate any backtrace
into dbus to see what is going on... If I then re-install the version
without debug symbols then viola the problem comes back. Oh well...

On a side note, I see a lot of the following error message in my
~/.xsession-errors file:

QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is Solid::Backends::UDisks::UDisksDevice(0xf04820), parent's
thread is QThread(0xc90d90), current thread is
ThreadWeaver::Thread(0x111fb60)

No clue which application/library is causing that to be printed...