"Cornelius's grand plan" - Merging KDElibs into Qt

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:46:50 GMT 2010

Michael Jansen wrote:

> The question is if anyone would be willing to do the work. Because it is
> not sexy nor fun

I beg to differ :)

Well, I think getting to my version of the end state would be fun. Maybe
I'll start the project after MeeGo conf.

Aarons mail seems to be a restatement of many of the obstacles I identified
too:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/67565/focus=67595

Can we start to find out whether they can be solved, particularly the
direction of Qt vsv modularity, the goals of Qt versus goals of KDE, and the
more concrete proposal on what the merge would mean.