why kdelibs?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 1 07:38:41 GMT 2010

On 29.10.10 12:57:38, Gregory Schlomoff wrote:
> 1. Out of the box, the build process is monolithic and involves
> building a ton of things with a huge amount of dependencies. I haven't
> counted, but there are probably 5-10 million SLOC to build.

Just to set your data straight:
wc -l $(find kdelibs -name *.cpp -or -name *.h -or -name *.c)
1278118

So its probably not even 1 million sloc after removing
comments/whitespace in kdelibs. That doesn't mean of course that using
kdelibs requires building a ton of things.

Andreas

--
You will remember something that you should not have forgotten.