DocBook XML & XSL: work in progess, new dependencies

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun May 30 16:32:49 BST 2010

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday 14 May 2010 12:25:36 am David Hubner wrote:
>>> 1) Remove DocBook XML DTDs from kdoctools/docbook/ (xml-dtd-4.x) and
>>> use the external ones. This step introduces a dependency on DocBook XML
>>> DTDs, which are packaged on many distributions:
>>> ArchLinux: docbook-xml
>>> Debian&  Ubuntu: docbook-xml
>>> Fedora: docbook-dtds
>>> Gentoo: docbook-xml-dtd-4.2-r2
>>> Mandriva: docbook-dtd42-xml
>>> OpenSuse: docbook_4
>
> These are probably packaged for FreeBSD as well;
Yes, they are (docbook-xml-4.2_1, docbook-xsl-1.75.2).

> I would have to check for
> OpenSolaris. What about Windows and MacOSX?
OpenSolaris: if I'm not mistaken, the XML DTDs and XSLT can be found as part
of SUNWgnome-xml and SUNWgnome-xml-share packages respectively.
Windows: I think that the Windows team already sorted it out.
MacOSX: fink provides docbook-dtd and docbook-xsl.

Regards
--
Luigi