Review Request: Workaround for non-thread-safety of QDBusConnection

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri May 28 00:17:47 BST 2010

On Thursday 27 of May 2010, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Quinta-feira 27. Maio 2010, às 16.43.20, Lubos Lunak escreveu:
> >  If this is an important issue to fix, what is the patch and the problem
> > (=something specific) it fixes?
>
> The patch is attached to the bugzilla report that Sebastian linked to.
>
> It can't be applied to the current 1.2 tree because it contains a behaviour
> change in one of the basic event-loop integration callbacks.

 Thanks for the explanation, but that was for somebody who asked with their
developer's hat on. I asked with my packager's hat on and that means only
what's above is an incomplete answer to my questions and the rest is
irrelevant.

 For example, openSUSE 11.3 is now entering RC phase and that means that only
fixes can enter it, not features or newer non-patchlevel releases. Since the
fix is in 1.4.0 and openSUSE is at 1.2.8 IIRC, 1.4.0 cannot enter openSUSE
11.3, neither now nor later. Now I know what the fix is and I need to know
what the actual problems are to evaluate and possibly justify a request for
exception to the rules. With the information given so far the fix appears to
be rather risky and not even remotely worth a problem that has existed for
quite a while and is "theoretical".

--
 Lubos Lunak
 openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer