doxygen.sh: Exclude private header by default

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu May 27 17:43:18 BST 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 20:32:04 Allen Winter wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 May 2010 2:59:14 pm Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:

> > May I commit the attached patch which excludes all private (*_p.h)
> > headers by default? This, for example cleans up the Plasma docs.

> Actually, I don't remember the context now.. I think John Layt reported
> problems to me with having the _p.h files excluded by default.

To quote my e-mail:

"I've noticed the apidox BADDOC and MATCHCLASS checks appear to have a problem
whenever the methods have been declared in a header file whose name doesn't
exactly match that of the .ccp file, e.g. if it's in a _p.h private header
file instead.  This is throwing up a lot of false positives, probably over a
1000 in kdelibs alone.  I realise it's a doxygen problem, but is there
anything we can do to filter these out?"

So it's a case of which produces the most false positives, I think we get
fewer with them included.  Besides, why shouldn't private api also come up to
scratch, will you really remember what every internal class does in 5 years
time? :-)

John.