Update the feature plan!

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 15:34:25 BST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010 15:30:11 Ivan Čukić wrote:
>> > This feature plan will be distilled into a human-readable set of release
>> > notes, amended with more information, screenshots and screencasts. As the
>>
>> As usual, I've completely forgotten about that document on the wiki since
>> I've used to put the stuff in
>> kdebase/workspace/plasma/design/CHANGELOG-4.5
>>
>> What can be done about the stuff that is in the CHLOG and not in wiki?
>
> I can use that file as well, though it won't scale if every subproject kept their own
> changelog.

What if subprojects linked their changelogs to from the feature plan
page.  Would that make things more feasible?  Have that as a matter of
policy for all changelogs, and have a note saying whether the
changelog is not/partially/completely transcribed to feature plan
itself (similar to the done/in progress/todo markings we have now).
If they want to volunteers could transcribe the changelog and then
mark it is completely transcribed (especially ones that are only
partially transcribed).  I think having the changelogs linked would be
good in general, and it may encourage people to keep the feature plan
up to date (or it may discourage them, I don't know).  Just an idea, I
am not sure it is a good one in practice.

-Todd