Planned BIC change to polkit-qt-1

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Wed May 19 23:44:37 BST 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 00:21:59 +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org>
wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:17:04PM +0200, Tom Albers wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 May 2010 23:13:33 +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org>
>> wrote:
>> > how much sense does this make for a library which by all practical
>> > means
>> > is a kde library itself? at least i cannot come up with a plausible
>> > scenario where you'd build kdelibs from source but could not be
>> > bothered
>> > to get polkit-qt-1 from kdesupport.
>>
>> In preparation of beta 1, polkit-qt-1 can already be packaged by the
>> packagers.
>>
> which, given the source and the usage of the library, will most likely
> be the same ones anyway. so what is the difference between kdelibs and
> kdesupport?

It's up the stack. So while awaiting the kdelibs 4.5b1 tarballs, they can
have packaged the the support libs already, as we have promised them that
they won't change significantly anymore.

If you want to discuss the dependency freeze for KDE 4.6, you are welcome
on the release-team mailinglist.
--
Tom Albers
KDE Developer