Freespacenotifier KDED module in kdereview

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:57:29 BST 2010

I've a question about this module, as far as I can understand it polls  the disk on which $HOME is mounted every minute to check the available disk space.
This is something we carefully avoided to do in the plasma device notifier because by doing so we keep the disks awake instead of letting them sleep if unused if the user desires so. This module would probably upset laptop users, am I right? (ervin?)

I would personally  like to have the service disabled _at the very least_ if running on batteries (you can get an idea of how to do it by looking at how it's done for the strigi indexer), and  to check available space less often than every minute in the general case.

Thanks
 __J