About the KRunner webshortcut plugin...

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Thu May 13 02:18:11 BST 2010

On Wednesday, May 12, 2010 19:16:18 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On May 12, 2010, Dawit A wrote:
> > Can any of the people working on KRunner  tell me why the webshortcut
> > plugin for KRunner in
> > "kdebase/workspace/plasma/generic/runners/webshortcuts" implements the
> > web shortcut logic from scratch instead of using KURIFilter directly ?
>
> if KURIFilter can provide the exact same functionality

You are asking me back the same thing I am asking here ?? Why was KURIFilter
not used from the onset ? Does the plug-in need anything not available through
KURIFIlter ? Anyhow...

> a patch that makes it use KURIFilter would be welcomed.

No desire or time for that... The only reason I even bothered to look into
this is because I received an email about issues when typing "gg:blah blah
blah" in krunner.