Shared OSD Service for KDE

Wed May 12 19:20:02 BST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2010, 17:49:18 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> what if we put the OSD display into kwin? then, at least when compositing
> is on, kwin could display the OSD without actually creating a new window,
> just be painting it directly using a composite plugin?

That won't work because KWin disables compositing when a window is in
fullscreen mode (this "unredirecting" massively speeds up rendering of
fullscreen videos, for example).

I can confirm this behavior because I have the BeClock that Todd mentioned,
and it disappears when I have Dragon Player in fullscreen mode, because KWin
turns off compositing and therefore does not trigger the BeClock effect any
more.

Greetings
Stefn