DocBook XML & XSL: work in progess, new dependencies

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed May 12 00:10:20 BST 2010

Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot compile kdelibs on Arch Linux.
>
> The attached patch fixes the issue. Is it OK to commit it ?

You are adding support for
share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xml-dtd-${DOCBOOKXML_CURRENTDTD_VERSION}
share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl
which are now installed by kdelibs, but they will removed soon; so no, that's
not the right solution.

For the XSL part you can explicitly set DOCBOOKXSL_DIR to
/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.75.2 (even if I think that the
package should install a symbolic link to the latest version).

The xml part is a bit tricky, because Arch package of docbook-xml does not
install a different catalog.xml for each xml-dtd-4.x, but only the generic
catalog (which contains information about all the DTDs) under
/etc/xml/docbook-xml.
When I planned the changes, I assumed that the catalog for a specific version
of XML DTD is always inside that directory that contains the definition of the
DTD.
I can either try to find a fix for this (introduce another variable when the
catalog is not in the same directory of the DTD) or wait for this bug to be
fixed (thanks to rakuco, we discussed this issue on IRC):

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19428

Ciao
--
Luigi