Shared OSD Service for KDE

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Mon May 10 18:09:44 BST 2010

Markus wrote:
> Am Montag 10 Mai 2010, 14:43:29 schrieb Colin Guthrie:
>

> @Ozan:
> Do you already work on a KCM? I'd like to provide a few mockups, because I
> already have some ideas in mind for the Notifications KCM (some are floating
> in my mind for some time which are related to notifications in general, not
> OSDs specifically, but I can incorporate the OSD parts in my mockups).

Nope I am not. I would first like to:
* port the progress bar to Plasma::Meter (The widget is a QWidget. I have to do some
rearrangements for being able to use Plasma::Meter as it needs QGraphicsWidget as parent),

* Dynamically update/reorganize the layout if a label is provided.

IMHO, the only crucial thing that should be configurable by the user is the position of the
OSD.

BTW should I commit and develop in trunk/playground? Does it only contain parts that are *likely*
to be merged to KDE SC or is it really a completely free playground for KDE account owners?

Thanks,

Ozan Caglayan