Shared OSD Service for KDE

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Mon May 10 13:23:42 BST 2010

10 May 2010 Pazartesi günü (saat 14:23:48) Markus şunları yazmıştı:
> While I like the idea, I think the current implementation wastes a but much
> space (icon is over to the progress bar, not beside it) and the progress
> bar is also not the Plasma one.

Yes you are right. The layout can always be refined, even we may offer the
current KMix's osdwidget as an alternative (or this one as an alternative)
that could be selected through a KCM module. I think the objective should be
to avoid projects including boilerplate osd widgets into their code. This is
redundant and should be replaced by a centralized service either a stand-alone
application or a KDED daemon.

I'll try to port the progress bar to the plasma one, thanks for noticing.

---
Ozan Çağlayan
TUBITAK/UEKAE - Pardus Linux
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng