PATCH: Add FIXED-IN keyword support to commit messages.

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Thu May 6 23:22:18 BST 2010

On Thursday, May 06, 2010 02:08:18 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Michael Pyne wrote:
> > The patch would add a "FIXED-IN: foo" keyword that if present would mark
> > foo (which I have as a digit followed by digits and/or periods (.)) as
> > the version that the particular bug was fixed in.
> >
> > Comments/suggestions?
>
> What about allowing multiple versions, separated by commas? It may have
> been fixed for example in both branch and trunk. Something like
>
> FIXED-IN:4.4.5,4.5.0rc2

If Bugzilla supports that then I can alter the regex to allow it, but honestly
my thinking is that "obviously" the fix would be in whatever trunk is at the
time, and therefore this is more for the purposes of the stable branch.

That reminds me though, I sometimes will CCBUG on the backport and only use
the BUG keyword on the trunk commit. Right now I have the code so that the
FIXED-IN keyword only works on the bugs that are actually closed, which
wouldn't support that workflow.

Is it worth it to relax that restriction and accept occasional mis-taggings?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne