PATCH: Add FIXED-IN keyword support to commit messages.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu May 6 11:00:17 BST 2010

On Thursday 06 May 2010, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Thursday 06 May 2010, Michael Pyne a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I noticed today that b.k.o supports marking what version that a
> > particular bug is fixed in. It would be nice to be able to include this
> > when the bug is being marked as fixed instead of updating that
> > separately.
> >
> > To that end I have a patch for the post commit hook for SVN (in
> > kde-common).

Excellent!

> > Now obviously I have not been able to test this, and I'm
> > *guessing* on the Bugzilla meta-data field that actually tracks this
> > (should be in the fielddefs table, but I don't have access to that either
> > ;)

Here you go:
| 67 | cf_versionfixedin       | Version Fixed In            |        0 |     100 |        0 |    1 |      1 |         0 |

> > The patch would add a "FIXED-IN: foo" keyword that if present would mark
> > foo (which I have as a digit followed by digits and/or periods (.)) as
> > the version that the particular bug was fixed in.

I see FIXEDIN works too, good.

> Just an idea:
> Would it be possible to guess that automatically from the branch the fix is
> pushed in?

No, since a commit in the stable branch the last week before the release,
could or could not go into the actual release. Only a human can know if
the commit will make it into the upcoming release or not.