keyboard2 moved to kdereview

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Sat May 1 18:22:46 BST 2010

2010/5/1 Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org>

> On Friday 30 April 2010, Andriy Rysin wrote:
> > >
> > > looking at the code in Flags, i think i can see the problem: you
> > > probably just
> > > need to fill the pixmap first with Qt::transparent so the
> > > background is, well,
> > > transparent :) then you can paint the text, flag, etc over top of
> > > that.
> >
> > yep, I found it today and already pushed the code for transparency
> > The problem with text over the flag is that it's hard to find the
> > right way to paint readable text with all the possible flag colors
> > and their combination. So for now it'll be either text or flag, so
> > far the early feedback was pretty positive.
>
> Drawing a dark outline around white text usually is a good solution for
> this problem. To get something like an outline which also looks good for
> small fonts you could draw the text in black, then blur it and then draw
> the text in white over the blurred black text.
>
> That's very similar to what was done before, though as flags are quite
different in size/colors/darkness, the white text was drawn with black one
shifted 1px for a shadow, plus flags had to be dimmed otherwise text was not
readable anyway. Even though the final text image was more or less readable
on most flags it was quite ugly both code- and look-wise...
I'm really starting to like "flag-only"/"text-only" solution  better.

Thanks,
Andriy