RFC: remove kappfinder from kdebase (move to extragear?)

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 15:35:48 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> I'd like to propose considering removing kappfinder from kdebase (and into
> extragear).
>
> Imo, Within a modern desktop, it's usefulness is limited, and can sometimes
> be harmful (the presence of it's bundled .desktop files and app icons has
> caused confusion for myself, as a packager, on more than one occasion).
>
> Comments?

I would vote for that too.. Also, the application was broken during
the 4.3~ series (new discovered applications not being added due a
Qt3->Qt4 porting bug  (QString::isNull) ). Only three people noticed
it , and nobody fixed it until some weeks ago when I fixed it for 4.4

Regards
Darío A. (bugs.kde.org)