state of gitorious talks

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Fri Mar 5 11:44:51 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I sent this already to other mailing lists but I think it is also relevant for kde-core-devel.

The board is in contact with the gitorious.org guys to find a way to use gitorious.org as our main repository in the future.
At the moment the cost is a blocker because it is way too high.

We are negotiating with them to bring the price down. And we are also looking into alternatives to gitorious.org. A plan B could be to host a gitorious installation on our own servers.

It is not clear at the moment if we will migrate to gitorious.org or go with a different solution.

If somebody plans to migrate some software to gitorious.org I suggest to wait a bit till it is clear if we go with plan A or plan B.

I will keep you informed about the process. :-)

Cheers
Frank

--
Frank Karlitschek