synaptiks – KDE touchpad management

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 00:13:19 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 Mar 2010 21:15:17 Markus wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 03 März 2010 16:21:05 schrieb Celeste Lyn Paul:
> > Any idea when/who will decide which touchpad configuration UI will be
> > included for 4.5?
>
> Well, Sebastian requested inclusion, the kcm_touchpad author did not
> (AFAIK).

I think kcm_touchpad is being included in Kubuntu, which I guess is why
Celeste is having a look.

I've been meaning to reply to the earlier mail but have been short of time
this week.  My main point was going to be about the author saying they have 2
different reasons for existing as they deal with 2 different levels of the
stack, and wondering why or if they really need to be separate, and if so then
we would need to give them different names/locations to make their different
purposes clear if/when they are both installed at the same time.  My
conclusion would be that 2 separate modules is probably not good usability and
to be avoided if possible.

I'll try put out a more coherent mail tomorrow.

John.