synaptiks – KDE touchpad management

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Mar 4 00:09:35 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 17:53:14 Sebastian Wiesner wrote:
> Well, synaptiks uses C++ exceptions.  I don't know, if that is an issue …
> kdelibs doesn't use exceptions, but on the other hand I didn't find any
> policy on KDE techbase, that advises against using exceptions.

As David said, exceptions aren't inherently a problem.  The policy (is it
written down anywhere?) is that we don't use exceptions in the platform
libraries.

You should also bear in mind that exceptions may be disabled in the Qt build,
and so should not be allowed to pass into Qt code - generally, as long as you
don't allow exceptions to escape from slots, you should be OK.

Alex