Git Migration Needs YOU!

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Mar 3 11:06:30 GMT 2010

On 03/03/2010 11:55 AM, Matt Williams wrote:
> On that note, are there any scripts or git extensions (e.g.
> git-orious) planned at all? Where's the best source of documentation
> on handling merge requests &?

Hm, I don't think there's a real need for a script. Gitorious
suggests one way to merge merge requests with a set of com-
mands at the bottom of the merge request page, which fetches
the contents of the MR into a local integration branch.

Another way to do it when the requester has his work on a
topic branch in a personal clone on Gitorious is to add that
personal clone as a new remote, and then just look at the
topic branch directly, eventually merging it into your local
master and pushing to Gitorious. This is comfy especially
when you expect several MRs from the same person over time.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein