Git Migration Needs YOU!

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 01:23:04 GMT 2010

On March 2, 2010 17:00:19 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >>
> >> So how does a project in playground become part of the git migration?
> >
> > imho: do it yourself. there's a lot of dead code in playground and even
> > more uninteresting bits of history in there.
> >
> > it's tempting to say that git relieves a lot of the need for a playground
> > like module since it's easy to create new modules on the fly.
>
> I hope kde svn will stay up for some time after (preferably even
> indefinitely)? Read-only of course, and/or I suppose it would be okay to
> drop things that got moved. I am just thinking I don't want to see
> playground simply vanish, especially as I know I have some things in
> there I want to keep (at least to git-svn clone onto my own machine(s)
> if nothing else), but might not get to in a timely fashion.

well, svn will stick around for at *least* as long as the translators are
using it. :) and it makes sense to me to keep it around for historical
purposes too - I'm not sure if every git repo will have 100% perfect history?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com