Git Migration Needs YOU!

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Mon Mar 1 21:42:19 GMT 2010

On Monday 01 March 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On March 1, 2010, Chani wrote:
> > -one of the blocker tasks is, uh, rather large. humongous, in fact. we
> > could really, *really* use more volunteers for the svn2git rules.
>
> yes, this is the key issue, isn't it?
>
> here's the problem though: it is documented sufficiently.
> [...]

I did not use svn2git myself. Christoph did the Kate migration, and from
what I have heard, the result in git is not completely what you expect.
Afaik, in our case, after the migration, there were some files that should
have been removed at some point. The solution was to manually do that in
order to finally have a clean git repository of Kate.

Given this, is it at all possible to write entirely correct transition
rules for all of KDE?

@Christoph: As you just did the transition, can you comment on what you
did exactly?

Dominik