KMid2 in kdereview, reminder

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 14:43:51 GMT 2010

On Monday, March 1, 2010, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 26 February 2010, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wish to remind to everyone interested that kmid2 has been in
> > kdereview since February 13. I plan to move it to
> > extragear/multimedia next sunday replacing the old codebase, unless
> > there are requests for changes or somebody objects.
>
> Was it moved?

Yes, it was moved yesterday. The translations aren't moved yet, though.

> If so, there is a problem:
> extragear/multimedia/kmid/alsa/alsamidiobject.h:24:24: error:
> alsaclient.h: No such file or directory
>
> I don'y know where alsaclient.h should come from. If it is some extra
> dependency, then you should have a cmake test for it, and disable kmid
> if the dependency is not fulfilled.

This header (alsaclient.h) belongs to the "drumstick" library. There is a test
for this library in kmid's CMakeLists.txt, but the library headers and
sources are also included in the source tree and statically linked to kmid's
sequencer backend when the dynamic library was not found. This is because the
library is very young and not stable enough yet.

There was also a problem with the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH, that has been fixed by
Christoph Feck. Thanks! Can you try again?

Regards,
Pedro