focus tracking

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 11:27:48 BST 2010

Dear friends,

At LinuxTag we were approached with some questions concerning accessability. Among other things, it was about screen reader support and zooming.

KMag can zoom in nicely, but does not follow the focus of the cursor (only the mouse). This is a major issue. Does anyone know if it is possible to let it follow the cursor?

The same question for the KWin full-screen zoom plugin: it only focusses on the mouse, not the cursor, hence you can not track what you're typing. Can we solve this somehow?

Any input very welcome, this is a rather important blocker for some deployments, esp in governments.

Cheers,
Jos