KShortcutWidget margins/paddings

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Mon Jun 21 09:23:15 BST 2010

On 20/06/2010 20:33, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've problems with KShortcutWidget, it's margins/paddings are too huge and I
> don't know what to do about it. See e.g. this screenshot:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/milianw/4705488287/
>
> It's a simple QFormLayout and the label to the left is completely unaligned
> due to the margins/paddings in the shortcut widget.
>
> Any hints on what to do to improve the visuals there?

Sounds like a double-margin problem. I wrote a post on my blog about this:
http://agateau.wordpress.com/2007/11/29/setmargin0/

In short, doing something like:

  shortcutWidget->layout()->setMargin(0)

should fix it.

Or even better: fix KShortcutWidget to not set a margin on its layout.

Your dialog seems to suffer from the same problem. You can fix it so
that the content lines up with the button bar as well.

Aurélien