External Docbook XML DTD (status update)

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jun 6 23:30:36 BST 2010

Hi,
just a quick update on the ongoing work to remove the embedded copies of
Docbook XML DTDs and XSLT from kdelibs/kdoctools, in order to use the system
provided ones. For more details, plese refer to this thread:
http://kde.markmail.org/thread/rp6gj6evd3zwgl3j

The dependencies for both step 1 and step 2 were in place before the
dependency freeze, as you probably have noticed. I would like to thanks all
the people who helped with code and suggestion to support almost all
Linux-based distributions and other supported OS, thanks!

Last Saturday (4th) I committed the code that removes the internal docbook XML
DTD and relies on the system one. I think that cmake should recognize the
changes and regenerate the makefiles; if you find some issues, try to remove
the kdoctools directory from your kdelibs builddir and execute again cmake.
You can also safely remove the xml-dtd-* directories from
$KDEDIR/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/.

Of course, please report any problem you may encounter.

I am working now to cleanup the customization made to XSLT files which are not
in the customization/ directory.

Regards
--
Luigi