Sprint invitation take two

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 07:52:23 BST 2010

Hi all,

After the discussion, I think it's clear we want this sprint to be
more general about Mobile (including Meego, obviously) but it can have
some Symbian as well. So basically the goal is to follow what
Frederik, Arthur and others were arguing. IOW it will be a KDE Mobile
Sprint. Knut has promised there would be Qt-on-symbian ppl there, and
Symbian devices for the hackers to play with. But as usual of course
the sprint participants set the agenda there and then.

The reason Knut initially offered a Symbian sprint is because he
believes Symbian to be a good candidate for the KDE libraries and
apps. There are huge amounts of Symbian devices out there, and the
difference we could make is huge. We’re talking hundreds of millions
of users here! We’ve already shown it is possible
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni_6qTwj-Y) so why not capitalize on
that?

See also what Ewan McLeod (editor of Mobile Industry Review) wrote
here: http://eu.techcrunch.com/2010/04/20/geeknrolla-why-app-developers-should-look-beyond-the-iphone/

Anyway, Meego is wicked and I have an N900 I'd let you guys/girls ruin
(as long as I can still re-flash) so I surely appreciate any work in
that area as well. And as was noted, a lot of infrastructural work
impacts all mobile and even non-mobile platforms.

So, there you have it. Who is interested in a KDE Mobile sprint? Add
yourself to the doodle:

http://doodle.com/nsiurc2hv2cpukt8

And as you might have understood I've offered to help organize it and
coordinate things with Qt/Nokia.

Cheers,
Your friendly promo dude,
Jos