The art of setting text to KStatusNotifierItem

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 3 18:27:40 BST 2010

On June 3, 2010, Andriy Rysin wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2010, at 13:57, "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > look in kdelibs/plasma/paintutils.[h|cpp] and feel free to steal the
> > code for
> > shadowText(...)
>
> Thanks, that works but I had to "steal" 7 functions in 150 lines of
> code. I've got a feeling this code might belong to some common place
> (e.g. kdelibs).

it is in kdelibs :) libplasma contains animations as well. the problem with
splitting those kinds of things out into their own library is that they tend
to become unused, deprecated, duplicated, etc, etc. it's happened several
times in the course of ke over the last several years. but if it there is real
interest, we could split libplasma into an "effects" library (though it really
wouldn't be complete enough to justify calling it such a thing) and a more app
focused libplasma.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se