hidden stateChanged() method

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:06:51 BST 2010

Hi,

I've made a KPart in extragear/KMid implementing the KMediaPlayer interfaces
[1], and the compiler complains with this message:

/usr/include/kxmlguiclient.h:326: warning: ‘virtual void
KXMLGUIClient::stateChanged(const QString&,
KXMLGUIClient::ReverseStateChange)’ was hidden
/usr/include/KDE/KMediaPlayer/../../kmediaplayer/player.h:131: warning:
by ‘void KMediaPlayer::Player::stateChanged(int)’

KParts::Part inherits from XMLGUIClient the stateChanged(const QString&,...)
method, and KMediaPlayer::Player::stateChanged(int) is a signal.

I've tried XMLGUI states to work in my KMidPart, but they don't. So I've coded
an alternative to enable/disable actions.

What do you think? I would like open a bug report, but I can't find any
possible fix not implying a binary incompatibility.

Regards,
Pedro

[1]
http://www.purinchu.net/kdelibs-apidocs/interfaces/kmediaplayer/html/classKMediaPlayer_1_1Player.html