RFC: On-demand package installation API in kdelibs

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 17:47:23 BST 2010

> It is okay to just gently say "You requested to do something, which
> currently can't be done with $app, please go to package manager and
> install $application|$plugin",
> but any magic to try to install it should not happen.

the way I read, it, lubos was suggesting something more like "if you want to
install support for $feature, click here" instead of "oh, you don't have
$feature, good luck finding and installing it on your own!"

magic can be good when it's implemented right :) and I'm sure the existing
complaint dialogs already come with don't-ask-again checkboxes where
appropriate.