Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 10:14:39 BST 2010

wrote:

> > > yourself...
> > >
> > > if i had any im sure she would, and you know
what i would probably
> > > thank her in the end :)
> >
> > really?
wow...
> > I would seriously break up with anyone who pulled a stunt like
that.
> > my choices are my own, and *nobody* has a right to make them for
me.

> However, if they suggested that I not wear them, explained
why, and put
> them in a hard-to-reach drawer I probably wouldn't be so
angry. ;)

> It's a matter of guidance vs. force.

there is an important
difference: this is  -our- product (and for all love i can have towards our
users, they aren't our boyfriends :p is just a so different kind of
partnership)
We too often take decisions in order to not piss off anyone,
forgetting -our- goals, and -our- big picture (and no real goal can be
achieved continuing with just compromises)

That said, if they move to
kdeartwork (so not included as a default installation) is fine, as long as
there is someone willing to maintain them working.

Cheers,
Marco Martin