Opposition to removing old KWin themes?

Aaron Peterson myusualnickname at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 07:19:40 BST 2010

How would we would we provide properly configurable categories?

A query tree view that could be flat to show all themes, Then sorted
to show expandable  category, or author

 QT should already have a widget?

================
A word on elegance,  I watched Aaron's Akademy video, and fear that
some people are interpreting Elegance as just minimalistic.

Elegance includes a notion of completeness, an ability to do
everything, in an intuitive manner.   It can take complex rendering
and work to find the elegant solution.

===========================
> However, if they suggested that I not wear them, explained why, and put them
> in a hard-to-reach drawer I probably wouldn't be so angry. ;)

Sticking options in a deeper menu is simple, but dirty.. it makes
using the software more difficult, and In my role I help people use
computers who have vision problems and slow computers.   I personally
think that the gradient themes are inelegant. They clutter my screen
with decoration and I don't bitch about them because I can figure out
where to turn them off.

A trade off-- Please make it so that the option-reducing minimalists
have to follow a procedure to hide options that "floof minimalists"
need to reduce "floof"    The "floof minimalists" already have to deal
with a default theme that they need to turn off.    It's a compromise
to make it so all parties have to participate in similar numbers of
steps.

Of note, If most people are happy with the default theme, why would
they even go in to change the theme?

I care about easy interpretation of how things are supposed to work,
(an area where we fail is the system-settings where "safe hyperlink
like buttons" act like buttons, and then behave like "danger
items--unknown double click required"

I care about identification of icons and graphics. -- KDE is great in
this regard,  Most icons are identifiable at a glance...

I care about options,