Inclusion of simon in kde-accessibility

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 21 18:23:57 BST 2010

On July 21, 2010, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> Hi,
> first I think it's great that Peter wants to let Simon development happen
> on KDE's infrastructure. Please everybody keep in mind that this is what
> we want: integrate projects into our community, and being on the same
> infrastructure really helps. Getting new people to work on accessibility
> is great since we cannot exactly claim to have too many of those around.

+1000

> So let's all be pragmatic. I think we can agree that sysadmin is doing a
> great job with the git setup, and they can simply tell Peter when they
> think our git infrastructure is ready.

yes, and after speaking to some of the people working on this infrastructure
yesterday, it seems that it won't be a very long wait. there are several
projects waiting for git.kde.org to be fully "open for business" so it's a
priority item.

if it's ok with Peter, then i'd second Frederik's guidance above to wait for
git.kde.org to open up, then push the code into there and start the review
process at that point.

(really excited to see Simon in KDE's repo .. it's a very cool and useful
project!)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se