krunner 4.4 showblocker ?

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Jan 31 21:31:52 GMT 2010

On Sunday 31 January 2010 16:23:40 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On January 31, 2010, Martin Koller wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > just wanted to check with you, before 4.4 is released, if you also find
> > the problem that krunner no longer acts on http:// or other network urls
> > since RC2 as being a showstopper.
>
> i see what the problem is, now i just need to work out the problem.
>
> the commit that broke this was an attempt to to make it so that urls like
> "man://foo" work as expected. looking at it closer, i don't think the fix
> as written can work in all cases. i'm digging for an alternative, will
> commit and backport sometime today.

Strictly speaking, it was to make man:foo work. man:/foo already worked.
Running through the code I'm not sure why http and ftp URLs still worked
before that but I'm willing to believe I screwed it up. I've already committed
a fix in revision 1083222 (which was looked at at bit by notmart first) but
I'm quite willing to believe there is a better or more-Plasma-y way to do it
if you want to double-check.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne