Review Request: Disable logout sound

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Jan 31 21:27:04 GMT 2010

On Sunday 31 January 2010 16:08:57 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> for this reason, i think we need to do a case-by-case evaluation. the
> default decision could (should?) certainly be "no sound" with a valid use
> case for justifying its existent being required to change that into "has a
> sound on by default".

Don't get me wrong, I have all sounds disabled on my laptop since I may use it
during class. But I actually went and disabled audio notifications instead of
complaining that it was not the default setting.

A case-by-case evaluation would certainly be a good way to do it. I personally
think the login sound plays a bit too early in the startup sequence, but have
not noticed issues with the logout sound (probably because I've disabled it
;). Not sure whether it makes sense to disable by default but assuming we
leave it in there's no reason that it should not be a short-and-sweet goodbye.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne