Finding shortcut

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jan 31 18:06:37 GMT 2010

On January 29, 2010, John Tapsell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   Programmatically, I want to find out what the shortcut is for the
> global "Kill Window" shortcut (usually assigned to ctrl+alt+esc).  How
> do I do this?
>
>   It looks like I need a new function added to KGlobalShortcut to
> return a QKeySequence for a given action name.  Does this sound
> correct?

KGlobalShortcutInfo already provides this. however, KGlobalAccel doesn't seem
to offer any "query by name" methods. it only allows (from what i can see?)
getting the shortcut info for a given accel sequence or listing known entries
by name ... so it does seem than KGlobalAccel is missing something like a
KGlobalShortcutInfo getGlobalShorcutByName(const QString &module, const
QString &name)

(and no, i don't know why it uses "get" in the method names :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se