Events Plasma Runner in kdereview

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jan 31 12:58:28 GMT 2010

On Friday, 2010-01-29, Alexey Noskov wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've just commited plasma-events-runner into kdereview.
>
> It's a Plasma Runner plugin, which provides ability to add new events or
>  todos to calendar. It supports typing events such as following:
>
> * `event Project deadline; 13.02.2010` - create new event with summary
> "Project deadline" for 13.02.2010;
> * `todo Complete my work; tomorrow 12:30; Business` - create todo with
>  given summary and deadline datetime with category "Business";
> * `event Something; 13:30` - something at 13:30 today;
> * `event Other event; yesterday`
> * `todo Buy new phone; in 2 years`
> * `todo Complete site design; in 2 days from 10:30`
>
> Waiting for your comments.

When checking the Akonadi collections for MIME type you can use
Akonadi::IncidenceMimeTypeVisitor (kdepimlibs/akonadi/kcal,
${KDEPIMLIBS_AKONADI_KCAL_LIBS} in CMakeLists.txt)

You should probably also check whether the collection allows items to be
added, see Collection::rights()

Taking the first collection that matches the criteria might not be good
enough, more likely you'll need a way to configure the target collection.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring