Using system SSL certificates...

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 00:26:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

I don't think anymore that it is a good idea to ship our own certificate bundle
with KDE *on Linux*. Good Linux distributions have more resources and do a
good job at maintaining a set of certificates. On some platforms we will
probably always have to ship our own certificates or maybe add an interface to
the native certificate store API (I'd rather not).
That said, if and when I make this change I will also (re)add some GUI to add
certificates on top of system certificates, and maybe a blacklist for unwanted
system certificates too.
Encouragement? Protest?
(Currently there is no client certificate support because I didn't get around
to doing it, this is also something I want to add at some point. No need for
discussion.)

Cheers,
Andreas