KGlobalAccel notifications

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Thu Jan 28 00:54:38 GMT 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 01:35:22 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> On 01/27/2010 05:11 PM, Shaun Reich wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Dan Meltzer
> > <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com <mailto:parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com>>
> >
> > wrote:
> >     On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de
> >
> >     <mailto:mail at milianw.de>> wrote:
> >     > On Wednesday 27 January 2010 23:46:34 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> >     >> Hi,
> >     >>
> >     >> I have been wondering for a while why KGlobalAccel shows
> >
> >     notifications
> >
> >     >> about registration of global shortcuts. This happens for
> >
> >     example when
> >
> >     >> one starts kmix for the first time. I find it quite odd as it
> >
> >     really
> >
> >     >> looks like tech-speak.
> >
> > I know, I always run into the same confusion. When it pops up saying
> > "hey, an app registered a new global shortcut"  it doesn't even say
> > what shortcut it is, to even make the notification useful. In my mind,
> > it seems like one of those cases similar to how a messagebox can be
> > overused, stating or asking something that the user does not even
> > care/need to know about, and it just adds confusion.
>
> +1

Ok. Please ignore my other mail. I read the thread here after my first mail and it seems everyone
agrees. I will deactivate the notification by default.

( For some reason i prefer to be informed if something registers a new global shortcut. )

Configuration Option? I will have a look to see if it is possible to show the new shortcuts nicely.
But especially with kmix that would be a long list.

Mike