enum KIconLoader::Context: difference between FileSystem and Place?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Jan 15 01:27:52 GMT 2010

Hi Pino,

Vendredi, le 15 janvier 2010, à 02:20, Pino Toscano a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> > is KIconLoader::FileSystem deprecated? KIconDialog shows no icons for
> > this type, but an empty folder, instead all I remember from KDE3 times
> > are now available for KIconLoader::Place.
>
> Yep.
>
> > So should all places (pun intended ;) which still use
> >  KIconLoader::FileSystem as default* be converted to use
> >  KIconLoader::Place? And the Api dox updated?
> >
> > Is there a xdg spec which is followed here? Should this context perhaps
> > be removed from KIconDialog?
>
> You cannot remove it, as being part of the public API.

I meant from the combobox in the view. It will always only show an empty list
if selected, or? What about falling back to Place internally, if FileSystem is
passed?

> Just mark the enum
> value as deprecated.
> I guess leaving it in KIconDialog shouldn't harm...

Okay, will add a deprecated note then, while I am on it.

> > * some of
> >  http://lxr.kde.org/search?filestring=&string=KIconLoader::FileSystem
>
> I see quite less ;)
> http://lxr.kde.org/search?filestring=&string="KIconLoader::FileSystem"

Ah ;) But the first one is still valid, as that one already had my attention
when writing, as KDialog still was using only the KDE3 strings for --geticon

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta